In order for requests for reimbursement of travel expenses to be approved, receipts are required and must be submitted to Travel Services.
B. Required Receipts
The following original receipts are required for reimbursement:
- Airline ticket receipts if the traveler paid for the ticket
- Car rental receipts
- Gasoline receipts
- Taxi, bus, or train receipts for travel between cities
- Lodging receipts which must include the hotel/motel, or short-term rental folio card showing itemized costs
- Itemized meal receipts when rules allow exceptions to the limits
- Registration receipts if registration was paid for by the traveler
- Miscellaneous expenses
Receipts are not required within a city for all other transportation, but the expenses must be itemized by date, locale, type, point-to-point, and amount. Receipts for parking expenses are not required.
C. Submitting Receipts
Records of travel expense reimbursements are imaged for long-term storage. Prepare and submit receipts as follows:
- Receipts with information on one side should be taped to an 8.5 x 11-inch sheet of paper. Clear tape should be used. Do not cover relevant information with other receipts.
- Receipts with information on two sides should not be taped. Also, receipts larger than 8.5 x 11 inches do not need to be taped.
- Foreign receipts should note the exchange rates being used.
- Receipts should be attached to a voucher transmittal form and sent to Imaging & Documentation Services, mail code K6000; Main Building, room 132, for processing. Do not use staples.
- Refer to the Imaging and Documentation Services Document Preparation web page for further information about preparing documentation for scanning.
Part 11. Travel - Table of Contents