Administrative Services is dedicated to providing quality customer service to all sections within Accounting and Financial Management, other University departments, and the general public. To achieve our continuing goal of quality service, we are committed to:
- being knowledgeable in all aspects of our job,
- performing our responsibilities with integrity and professionalism and in a timely manner, and
- treating all customers with courtesy, dignity and respect.
The services we provide include:
Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification
The Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificate is available from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. This form should only be used for official University business. Questions regarding the use of this form should be directed to Tax Services.
Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (W-9)
Administration Services submits Requests for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (W-9) to vendors for all University of Texas at Austin departments. For assistance with this process, submit a request to Administration Services via the Request for Tax Forms & Credit Letters.
The University of Texas at Austin does not provide account numbers or business references to vendors. The Annual Financial Report, audited by The State Auditor's Office, is published online and is available at any time. If a vendor requests a credit reference, departments should contact Administration Services for assistance via the Request for Tax Forms. Administration Services will then send a credit letter to the vendor notifying them of this policy.
To appoint or renew someone as a notary public, the sponsoring department must submit the following materials to the State Office of Risk Management (SORM).
- The Application for Appointment as a Texas State Notary Public without Bond
- Notary Acknowledgement
- Employment Verification — SORM accepts a copy of the VP2 voucher transmittal form.
- $11 filing fee — Government Code § 406.007 requires state agencies to pay a filing fee of $11 to appoint a notary public. This fee must be incurred by the sponsoring department and processed on a VP2 document.
Procedures for completing the notary public application process are available in Accounting and Financial Management Notary Public User Guide. In addition, information regarding the University's notary public appointment procedure is available in the Handbook of Business Procedures, Part 21.
- Accounting and Financial Management Notary Public User Guide
- Handbook of Business Procedures, Part 21
- Apply for Appointment as a Texas State Notary Public without Bond
- Notary Acknowledgement
Departments who sponsor employees must update the OHS Contacts System indicating who in their department is a notary public contact. A list of active notaries on campus based upon this information. The list is updated quarterly.
Payment vouchers that have been designated with a pick-up distribution code (P) are available in Administration Services in the Main Building, Room MAI 4 between the hours of 9:00 and 4:00 Monday thru Friday. Payees will be contacted via email or by phone when their check is available. Please contact Administrative Services with questions regarding this process.