24.2.2. HUB PROGRAM MENTOR/PROTÉGÉ PROGRAM
Under State of Texas HUB program regulations, each state agency with a biennial appropriation that exceeds $10 million shall implement a Mentor Protégé Program. State agencies may elect to implement a Mentor Protégé Program individually or cooperatively, and are encouraged to address the needs of protégé businesses in critical areas of state procurement.
The University of Texas at Austin meets these criteria and has implemented a cooperative HUB Mentor Protégé Program, which is designed to:
- foster long-term relationships between prime contractors and HUBs
- increase the ability of HUBs to contract with the state
- increase the ability of HUBs to receive subcontracts under a state contract
Participation in the university’s mentor/protégé program:
- is voluntary for both the mentor and the protégé
- does not guarantee that the protégé is awarded a contract
- requires a five-step process outlined in the figure below
Click the image below to enlarge it.
Part 24. HUB/SB Office—Small and Disadvantaged Business Organizations - Table of Contents