7.5.4. INFORMAL BIDS - PURCHASE VALUE OF $15,000.01 - $50,000
Informal bidding is used to procure goods or services when the expected value exceeds $15,000, but is less than or equal to $50,000. The following guidelines apply to informal bids:
- The bidding opportunity is not required to be publically posted.
- Suppliers may submit their bids to departments via mail, email, or fax.
- Departments must forward bids to the Purchasing Office and create a POINT Plus PB3 requisition document.
- Departments must obtain a minimum of three written bids.
- Departments should make a good-faith effort to include at least one bid from a certified HUB supplier.
- The Purchasing Office may solicit additional bids if it determines that there are additional suppliers capable of providing the good or service.
- The department solicits bids from suppliers for the required good or service.
- The department prepares a requisition document that includes pricing information for each bid received.
- The Purchasing Office reviews the requisition. If additional bids are required, the purchasing buyer will notify the department.
- If the purchasing buyer selects a supplier that was not originally chosen by the department, the purchasing buyer will notify the department.
- The purchasing buyer issues a purchase order to the supplier. In cases where a contract may be more appropriate than a purchase order, the Purchasing Office will notify the Business Contracts Office, which will work with the department to develop a contract.
Part 7. Purchasing - Table of Contents