7.8.1 PROCEDURES FOR PROCARD HOLDERS
A. Responsibilities of the ProCard Holder
The employee whose name is on the ProCard has the sole responsibility for control and use of their ProCard. By submitting their application, the Cardholder acknowledges that they understand the full responsibility holding a ProCard entails and that they will adhere to all applicable policies and procedures.
B. Applying and Utilizing Training
In-person training for new Cardholders is required before they can receive a ProCard. Refresher training for existing ProCard holders is required each fiscal year. In order to remain a Cardholder in good standing, the Cardholder must demonstrate the following:
- Proper training and awareness of annual renewal expectations.
- Awareness of current policies.
- Knowledge of other relevant procurement methods and awareness of required steps during the procurement process.
- Compliance with ProCard disallowable purchase guidance.
C. Stewarding of University Funding
The ProCard provides the Cardholder with access to spend funds from their established default account. Cardholders must utilize their buying power to emphasize ethical purchasing, including but not limited to the following:
D. Providing Support Documentation to Reconciler
Access to the ProCard should be carefully controlled, and all charges on the ProCard must be reconciled promptly to ensure all charges are legitimate.
- Cardholders, or a designated Card Manager, are required to turn in all receipts—with supporting documentation—within three business days from the date of purchase.
- If the Cardholder is not able to verify a transaction, they must follow the guidelines outlined within the Compromised Cards and Disputing Charges section.
E. Understanding the Liability and Consequences of Misuse
The Cardholder is personally responsible for all purchases made on their ProCard. The ProCard Office reviews purchases monthly to ensure proper usage. ProCard Cardholders not abiding by UT Austin policies are subject to consequences.
F. Securing the ProCard
Cardholders are responsible for ensuring cards are secure at all times.
G. Responsibility for Cancelling the ProCard
When the Cardholder no longer has use for or needs their ProCard, they must notify the Central ProCard Office and follow the steps outlined in ProCard Cancellations.
Part 7. Purchasing - Table of Contents