7.8.8 PROCARD CANCELLATIONS
When to Cancel a ProCard
When a Cardholder no longer needs a card, the ProCard must be canceled. Reasons for this include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Changing duties.
- Separation from the University.
- Changing units.
- Taking a leave of absence.
- Passing away.
A ProCard can be removed from use through the following means:
- Cancellation: Completed routinely. During these instances, the individual is eligible to re-apply to the ProCard program.
- Closure: During instances of confirmed fraud, the card is closed but the line of credit is retained.
- Termination: A consequence of misuse that results from action taken against the Cardholder. During instances of termination, the individual is no longer eligible for the ProCard Program.
This section applies only to the cancellation of a card. For information regarding the termination of a ProCard as it relates to misuse and actions taken against a Cardholder, see the Consequences section. For information regarding closed accounts or how to proceed during instances of Fraud, see the Reporting Requirements section.
Canceling a ProCard
If a ProCard needs to be canceled, the ProCard Cancellation Acknowledgement Form must be signed by the appropriate parties and submitted to the Central ProCard Office. The completed form must designate an individual who will maintain the documentation, as well as have the documentation imaged.
Destroying a Canceled ProCard
Canceled ProCards must be physically destroyed or returned to the ProCard Administrator.