The team has two areas of responsibility:
- Accounting - Oversee the Plant Fund group; includes Unexpended Plant (36-fund), Reserves for Renewal and Replacement (36-fund), Investment in Plant (39-fund), and Retirement of Indebtedness (UT System); Equipment and Intangible Assets are handled separately by the f Accounting and Financial Management Inventory Services.
- Reporting – Preparation of Supplemental Schedules (Land, Building, Improvement, and Infrastructure) for the Annual Financial Report (AFR)
Primary Business Functions (Accounting):
- Transactions – Process project funding (VTA document), code invoices for OFPC (Office of Facilities Planning and Construction) projects, prepare cash requisitions for bond proceeds, and journal entries
- Account Maintenance – Initial set-up for 36-fund and 39-fund accounts; maintain sub accounts, object code audit groups, & report codes; overdrafts
- Year-end accounting transactions – Prepare various year-end entries for 36 and 39 fund groups.
Primary Business Functions (Reporting):
- Annual Financial Report (AFR) – Prepare 6 supplemental schedules (S-11a Land, S-11b Buildings, S-11c Facilities & Other Improvements, S-11e Construction in Progress, S-11f Infrastructure, S-8 Recap of expenditures) as well as to provide information for various supporting schedules and primary statements
- Special Projects - Prepare various financial reports and analysis for both internal and external users
Primary Business Functions (Budget/Finance):
- Capital Gift Administration – Construction gift tracking and compliance
- External Debt – Process quarterly payments
- Loans – Assist in administration of internal loans and equipment loans obtained from UT System
- LERR (Library, Equipment, Repair, and Rehabilitation) and Faculty STARs (Science and Technology Acquisition and Retention) – Account setup, reporting, compliance, and requisition of bond proceeds